Meet the team
Paul began working with Shannon Insurance in September 2002 although, interestingly, he never intended on being an agent because he thought they were pushy and aggressive. However, he believes the approach at Shannon is more educational and consultive. Before joining the team, Paul was trained to be an underwriter in 1985 and continued for three years. Afterwards he worked with independent agents in sales for another three years and direct/captive agents for fifteen years. He has managed agents in both Tennessee and Kentucky for five years.
Fun Facts About Paul
- He has been known to hit golf balls straight up in the air
- He caught and released a 3 ft shark from his kayak
- He is an avid fisherman, kayaker, and golfer
“A job worth doing is a job worth doing right.”
Patricia “Tricia” Kibbey
Tricia has been employed with Shannon Insurance since September 2012 after fourteen years of banking/customer service experience. She stepped into the field to help others with their insurance needs and continued for four years. With her history in customer service and skills as an agent, she is able to answer questions and help them understand what coverage they have. Her hobbies include gardening and reading, and she is an avid sports fan, especially football! In her spare time she loves to be with family.
Fun Facts About Tricia:
- She was born and raised in Nashville, TN but moved to Portland, TN in 1979.
- She has 5 children and 12 grandchildren with her husband, Garry. They are the light of her life!
“Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be.” – Abraham Lincoln
“If you don’t know where you are going, you might end up someplace else.” – Yogi Berra
Melanie has been with Shannon Insurance a little over 2 years working as an Administrative Assistant in the office. Before, she had worked 40 years doing office and administrative work. When looking for something part-time, she was fortunate to get asked by Paul to join the team. In her spare time, she enjoys being with her family and friends. You can also find her decorating or redecorating the rooms in her house.
Fun Facts About Melanie:
- Her first job was a sweeper at the Opryland Theme Park.
- She used to ride motorcycles when she was younger.
- She left the city of Nashville and married a farmer before moving to Portland 5 years ago.
“Timing is everything!”
Nicole has been with Shannon Insurance since March of 2016 and became a licensed agent in May of 2017. She wanted to be able to help people better understand the dynamics of their insurance because she acknowledges that it is not an easy field. Her involvement with insurance has been since 2009 when she started out working for HCA, specializing in Medicare benefits. Afterwards she worked for Signature Healthcare working closely with both Medicare and Medicaid insurance before “crossing” over to the other spectrum of insurance with the agency and working with personal and commercial lines. During her downtime, she loves to be with her son and daughter. She also enjoys raising chickens, growing veggie gardens, reading, and browsing Pinterest.
Fun Facts About Nicole:
- She owns a 1949 tractor and knows how to operate it
- She majored in Biology at Cumberland University
- She is a pretty big movie buff
- She likes to practice homesteading too and can make a pretty mean ghost pepper jelly
“The elevator to success is out of order. You’ll have to use the stairs . . . One step at a time.” — Joe Girard.
Lindsey joined the team this past year because she was ready for a career change. Although she is fairly new to the insurance industry, she is eager to help people solve their insurance needs. Outside of the office she loves to spend time outdoors hiking, kayaking, and fishing. She also enjoys cooking, reading, and spending time with family.
Fun Facts About Lindsey:
- Born and raised in Portland but moved to Florida with her mom in December 1997. She then moved back in April 2007 after having her first child.
- She hopes to one day have the opportunity to open her own restaurant or catering business.
“You never fail until you stop trying” – Albert Einstein.